Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Last 5 Months!

So much has happened since my last post so I suppose it is time I filled you in.

In January I became a CAPPA trained Labor and Postpartum Doula. The training was wonderful; I met some really incredible women. I have now learned so much about the entire birthing process and it is absolutely incredible. I might be one of the only women in the world who is genuinely as excited to experience pregnancy and delivery as I am about having a baby. I have been so blown away by all that I have learned, and am so excited to share my new found passion with others. (Just to clarify we are not pregnant yet. This is just me excited about the some day!)
Later that month John and I attended Dr. Demartini’s Breakthrough Experience and Master Planning for Life Seminar, both of which were amazing. So needless to say the New Year was kicked off with much travel and personal expansion.

I spent spring break teaching at Clark Children’s Theatre here in town. It had been a while since I had taught, but worry not, it all came back to me rather quickly. (I tell you this because I as pretty worried about it before hand. haha) The majority of the kids we had during spring break were completely new to theatre and it was so fun to watch them slowly figure out that at Clark nerdy was cool! I had forgotten how much I really do enjoy working with the kids. Watching them let their guard down and just be themselves, is the best. Kids are always so much funnier and clever when they stop trying to be “cool.”

Then Last week John took me to California for my birthday. We spend the long weekend playing on the beach, shopping, visiting the San Diego Zoo and spending some much needed time with Andrew. It was one of the best trips I’ve ever had!

And Last but not least, I have starting writing a new children’s book, which I think is really quite brilliant! John thinks I am funny and a little bit crazy because I wrote the entire first section of the book on my phone! I tried moving it to my computer but I just couldn’t write it there. I have to be able to write whenever the inspiration comes and I am a very efficient texter! So truly, writing on the phone isn’t a problem for me, but he still laughs at me every time he see’s me typing on it. Soooo, I tried to convince him this probably means I need an i-pad! Then it would be small enough to carry with me but big enough that I could read more than a few lines at a time, but I don’t think he bought it! Haha

Well now you are pretty much up to date on my life so I will sign off today with a promise to at least try to update more frequently!

P.S. Oh and we finally remodeled the kitchen, boy was that a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment